Did you know almost half of the Australian population self-diagnose online? One third of Australians use the Internet to manage long-term health conditions. And, more than have of Australians are not checking the Internet source of health information. This is leading to more and more Australians misdiagnosing themselves with Dr Google.
Why you shouldn’t self-diagnose:
- Google doesn’t know who you are – Dr Google cant see the cut on your finger…or measure your body temperature…or check your ears if you have an infection.
- Google is not a physician and you are not a health expert…leave it to the professionals.
- You cant trust every website – you don’t know if the writer is actually a doctor.
- Cyberchondria gets worse the more times you Google.
- You will convince yourself that you have a deadly disease.
All images created by Stop Dr Google